Covid-19 Visitor Policy
St. Bernadette’s Catholic Primary School is asking for the support and understanding of all our visitors in helping to minimise the risk of COVID-19.
Following the advice from Public Health England and Walsall Council, we are now limiting access to the school site to essential visitors only:
- school staff
- parents/carers accompanying their child(ren) -limited to one person
- approved contractors (out of hours)
We ask that parents/carers who are dropping off or picking up their child(ren), support our efforts to minimise the risk of contact between our families and staff.
- strict staggered start and finish times
- 2m social distancing markers
- flow of pedestrian markers
- not to enter the school building or congregate in groups
- comply with the one parent rule
All visitors entering the building must:
- have an agreed appointment with the School Office
- wash their hands with soap and water/sanitise their hands
- cover their mouths and nose if they sneeze
- put used tissues in a bin
- not to enter restricted areas and follow instructions from the School Office
- always maintain 2 metres from others
- refrain from handshakes
We ask our school community not to enter the school site if they:
- are presenting with flu-like symptoms, a fever (above 37.8c) or a new continuous cough within the last seven days
- have knowingly been in contact with anyone with a confirmed case of Coronavirus (close contact means living in the same house, contact with their bodily fluids from sneezes etc.)
- have knowingly been in close contact with someone who has travelled form any of the named countries listed in Public Health England advisory information without having undergone the advised action relating to 14 days self-isolation.
Visitors should contact the School Office for further advice on 01543 452921
We apologise for not being able to give you our usual warm welcome. We are taking the current situation very seriously and we must look after the welfare of our children and staff.
This Policy has been shared with staff, governors, parents/carers..